Transforming Communities Grant
Demonstrating the love of Christ, Union Gospel Mission is determined to transform communities by overcoming poverty, homelessness, and addiction — one life at a time. But this mission cannot be accomplished by us alone.
We’re grateful to partner with churches across the city to live out the calling Jesus has set out for Christians citizens, congregations, and institutions. Our Church Relations team’s purpose is to help congregations thrive as they respond to this calling, collaborating with one another to transform lives.
UGM’s Church Relations team is thrilled to be partnering with caring churches once again this year through the 2022 UGM Transforming Communities Grant.
In 2020, Union Gospel Mission had the unique opportunity to partner with City in Focus to provide 18 grants to churches across Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, who were offering vital support to neighbours in need. Through meal programs, advocacy, and community outreach, these communities of care were able to stabilize, increase, or create new programs to support people in the midst of this global pandemic. Through this program, we saw God’s abundance come alongside so many.
Today we are excited to announce that UGM has decided to continue this good work by creating the UGM Transforming Communities Grant, distributing $100,000 to 22 different communities supporting their neighbours. We see the role of the church as paramount in the health of every community—which is why we want to support stabilizing, growing, and creating new programs that support neighbours in need.
Grant Application Forms
Please download the grant application form below to read more on the breakdown of the grants and opportunities that there are for your church to engage.
- Be run by a Christian church that is a registered Canadian charity, or by a closely affiliated charity of a local church
- Be operating only in Metro Vancouver or the Fraser Valley
- Be serving one or more vulnerable populations who do not have enough access to needed services such as, but not limited to,
- meals (takeout or sit down)
- food hampers
- shelter and housing
- outreach and advocacy
- support services (laundry, clothing, hygiene, etc.) and life skills
- other supportive practices that address social isolation or capacity building
- Be willing to work with UGM’s Church Relations team to produce a Case for Support and a basic stewardship plan for sustaining the program’s ongoing needs.
Churches and organizations that received a grant through UGM in 2021 are not eligible to re-apply for the 2022 cycle.
- Food, materials, and supplies
- Equipment purchase/rental/lease/maintenance
- Costs of program space: lease/rent, utilities, janitorial and sanitation
- Renovations to create or improve program space
- Wages and benefits
- Program-specific training and professional development
- Printing and communication
- Administration costs
- Professional fees
- Disability support for staff
All application materials must be received by 5pm on May 13, 2022 by either email or mail.
Transforming Communities Grant 2022
c/o Church Relations
Union Gospel Mission
601 East Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1J7